Weaning is going well but I’m finding it really tricky finding enough variety for Theo because of his food allergies and intolerances. I’m doing a combined approach to weaning with a mix of traditional purees and baby led weaning finger foods. Most finger food recipes include milk, egg or wheat though so are off the menu in our house. I decided to adapt the traditional porridge fingers recipe to be dairy free and it worked, they’ve been a big hit with Theo!
They’re really easy to make and can be kept in the fridge for a few days after you’ve made them. He has such fun with them and is getting better and better at feeding himself. (He still makes a bloody mess though!)
You can watch my video recipe for dairy free porridge fingers below or scroll down for the written instructions.
Dairy Free Raspberry Porridge Fingers
- 5 tbsp porridge oats
- 5 tbsp oat milk (I use Oatly Barista)
- 3 tbsp raspberry puree (If you blend a punnet of raspberries you can freeze the leftover puree)
- 1 tsp dessicated coconut
- 1. Preheat the oven to 190C/375F/Gas Mark 5
- 2. Mix all the ingredients together in a mixing bowl
- 3. Line a pyrex dish with greaseproof paper
- 4. Spread the mixture evenly across the bottom of the bowl.
- 5. Cook in the oven for 15 minutes or in the microwave for 2/3 minutes (I don't have a microwave)
- 6. Slice while still warm and transfer to a wire rack to cool